Data Engineer - Autonomous Driving (6 month contract position)
SAIC Motors is the largest car manufacturer in China selling more than 6 million cars annually. SAIC USA is a fully owned subsidiary that engages in research and development for cutting edge technologies such as autonomous driving and Human Computer Interfaces. We have an opening at our Innovation Center in San Jose, CA in the Autonomous Driving team.
As a Data Engineer, you help ensure autonomous driving software integration and reliability. You will help analyze data from autonomous system testing and field reporting. You will be responsible for benchmarking real time system operation as well as algorithms for autonomous driving. You will work with other Autonomous Driving teams in specification and refinement of autonomous driving products.
As a Autonomous Driving Data Engineer, you will
- Work with the motion planning team to identify key performance metrics
- Benchmark the performance of the Motion Planning algorithms in simulation and on vehicle against the metrics identified
- Design, develop and implement data base that would support the analysis
- Report weekly/monthly performance to the Motion Planning team
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or related STEM field.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience with R/Python or other tools that support data analysis/visualization
- Two or more years of experience with data analysis
- Knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms is a plus
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies is a plus
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Strong Communication skills