Testing Engineer - Autonomous Driving (6 month contract position)
SAIC Motors is the largest car manufacturer in China selling more than 6 million cars annually. SAIC USA is a fully owned subsidiary that engages in research and development for cutting edge technologies such as autonomous driving and Human Computer Interfaces. We have an opening at our Innovation Center in San Jose, CA in the Autonomous Driving team.
As a Test Engineer, you help ensure autonomous driving software integration and reliability. You will help integrate multiple modules and contribute to system testing and field reporting. You will be responsible for real time system operation as well as specification of test procedures for autonomous driving. You will work with other Autonomous Driving teams in specification and refinement of autonomous driving products.
As a Autonomous Driving Test Engineer, you will
- Test and debug algorithms/programs running on the vehicle/simulation environment
- Run daily/weekly regression tests in simulation and on vehicle
- Identify issues by logging and playing back the data
- Work with the Software Integration team and support on Vehicle/Simulation/Integration testing
- Work with the motion planning and software integration teams to identify and write test cases
- Summarize testing results at high level, as well as detailed reports
- Track testing issues and follow up on high priority issues with relevant teams
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or related STEM field.
- Strong programming skills. Preferably C++ and Python
- Familiarity with testing tools like Gtest and Boost unit testing frameworks, shell scripts in linux environment
- 1-5 years or more experience in testing environment
- Hands on experience working with complex software/hardware is a plus
- Familiarity with ROS/Motion Planning algorithms/Autonomous driving is a plus
- Good communication skills