Director, Human Machine Interface Development
This position is focused on creating technology road map and key technology components to support SAIC’s strategy on future human-machine interface and human-machine intelligence by leveraging both the state-of-art and merging technologies. This position will be able to perform as a role of liaison person between SAIC China team and SAIC Innovation Center in the silicon valley, by doing this, it helps this position to explore needs and wants from counterparts in China to develop projects initiatives with proposed deliverables. This position will be able to perform as a role of innovator to develop innovative concepts and technologies to help with implementation of SAIC human-machine interface and intelligence strategy, include but not limited to, technology scouting, collaboration and partnership development with tech companies and startups in the silicon .
- Setup strategic goals for SAIC Innovation Center to be aligned with the positioning of Innovation Center as well as the expectation from SAIC headquarter and management team;
- Directly contribute to company’s business goals and direction
- Working with external partners such as universities and startups,
- Managing multiple functional teams
- Scouting out, evaluate and develop “proof of concept” with high-tech companies and startups
- Align and coordinate multiple projects, timing, and impact
- Work and do regular communication with project leads and team leads to support each project goals
- Manage priorities of execution and development and resources
- Guide in development of plan and issues and risks as necessary
- Create technology roadmap and feature lists to support project goals;
- Support SAIC venture capital with technology due diligence, partnership development with silicon valley companies;
- Provide customer support to our counterparts in China as project based.
- MS/PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of experience in related experience from automotive Human-machine interface industry will be much preferred
- Experience with modern software engineering tool.
- Adequate Project Management skillsets to manage project execution or work closely with other project leads.