Autonomous Driving Software Integration Engineer
SAIC Motors is the largest car manufacturer in China selling more than 6 million cars annually. SAIC USA is a fully owned subsidiary that engages in research and development for cutting edge technologies such as autonomous driving and Human Computer Interfaces. We have an opening at our Innovation Center in San Jose, CA in the Autonomous Driving team.
As a Software Integration Engineer, you help ensure autonomous driving software integration and reliability. You will help integrate multiple modules and contribute to system testing and field reporting. You will be responsible for real time system operation as well as specification of test procedures for autonomous driving. You will work with other Autonomous Driving teams in specification and refinement of autonomous driving products.
- MS/PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in software development or development testing using C++/Java/Python. Candidates with more experience are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with software test engineering tools such as google test, unittest, rostest
- Experience writing tests in Python/C++/Java and creating test plans
- Experience with continuous integration and test automation
Experience with processing sensor data at different sensor rates including cameras, lidar, IMU and GPS
System Integration and in-vehicle debugging
Software Architecture including integration with third party software
Proven testing expertise, from unit tests to system tests
Experience with quality assessment for complex software projects
Experience with Functional Safety
Experience with with Computer Vision, Robotics or AI applications
Python / ROS / Linux / Matlab experience
Inquisitive, proactive, and interested in learning new tools and techniques
These roles will challenge the boundaries of your problem-solving, and will be rewarding as your prototype creations are transitioned and deployed in real-world environments. When you join the SAIC team, you will discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a fast paced team that is pushing the boundaries of technologies and customer experience.
Competitive Salary, Medical Benefits, FSA, 401K, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance.