Motion Planning Engineer, Autonomous Vehicles
SAIC Motors is the largest car manufacturer in China selling more than 6 million cars annually. SAIC USA is a fully owned subsidiary that engages in research and development for cutting edge technologies such as autonomous driving and Human Computer Interfaces. We have an opening at our Innovation Center in San Jose, CA in the Autonomous Driving team.
As a motion planning Engineer, you will utilize your expertise in the field of robotics to solve some of the most challenging problems in automated driving. Working at SAIC Innovation Center, you will innovate with engineers at the top of their fields in motion control and machine learning. You will be creating new technologies through software development that integrate your expertise to enable autonomous vehicle navigation in complex environments safely and efficiently.
- Expertise with one or more of the following: motion planning and control (path planning, trajectory optimization, trajectory tracking, GNC etc), Behavioral planning, Numerical optimization.
- MS/PhD in computer science, robotics, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience with 3+ years works experience
- Strong experience with C++/Python programming and algorithm design.
- Candidates with significantly more experience are encouraged to apply
- Understanding/Working knowledge of discrete and continuous optimization methods
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised methods, generative vs discriminative methods
- Expertise in one or more of deep learning, imitation learning, planning under uncertainty, sequential models
- Experience with applying machine learning for behavior estimation/imitation
- Understanding of obstacle avoidance algorithms (discrete, sampling or optimization-based)
- Experience designing robust systems
- ROS / Linux / Tensorflow / PyTorch experience
- Ability to understand and implement complex algorithms efficiently and correctly
- Inquisitive, proactive, and interested in learning new tools and techniques
- Comfortable working in an environment where problems are not always well-defined.
The role will challenge the boundaries of your problem-solving, and will be rewarding as your prototype creations are transitioned and deployed in real-world environments. When you join the SAIC team, you will discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader.
Competitive Salary, Medical Benefits, FSA, 401K, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance.