Research Engineer, Computer Vision/Deep Learning
SAIC Motors is the largest car manufacturer in China selling more than 6 million cars annually. SAIC USA is a fully owned subsidiary that engages in research and development for cutting edge technologies such as autonomous driving and Human Computer Interfaces. We have an opening at our Innovation Center in San Jose, CA in the Autonomous Driving team.
As a Research Engineer, you will utilize your expertise in the field of robotics, computer vision, deep learning and AI to some of the most challenging problems in autonomous driving. Working at SAIC Innovation Center, you will innovate with engineers at the top of their fields in deep learning and sensor fusion. You will be creating new technologies through software development that integrate your expertise in these areas to enable the vehicle to accurately perceive and model its surrounding environment. You will work on Deep Learning for object detection and segmentation for traffic signs, cars, and pedestrians using multiple sensors such as cameras, lidar and radar.
- PhD or MS with significant R&D experience in computer science, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, or a related field with 3+ years work experience
- Strong experience in software development using C++/Java/Python.
- Candidates with significantly more experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Domain expertise with one or more of the following:
- Object Tracking and Trajectory Prediction
- Scene Segmentation
- Visual Odometry and SLAM
- Early and Late Sensor Fusion (camera, lidar, GPS, IMU)
- GPS and Inertial Pose Estimation
- Lidar data point cloud processing
- Fundamentals in 3D geometry and linear algebra, and probabilistic techniques
- Strong expertise in nonlinear optimization
- Strong expertise in Bayesian filtering such as KF, EKF, and particle filter
- Experience with computer vision libraries such as OpenCV and PCL
- Caffe / Tensorflow experience
- GPU / ROS / Linux experience
- Ability to understand and implement complex algorithms efficiently and correctly
- Comfortable working in an environment where problems are not always well-defined.
- Inquisitive, proactive, and interested in learning new tools and techniques
These roles will challenge the boundaries of your problem-solving, and will be rewarding as your prototype creations are transitioned and deployed in real-world environments. When you join the SAIC team, you will discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a fast paced team that is pushing the boundaries of technologies and customer experience.
Competitive Salary, Medical Benefits, FSA, 401K, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance.