Autonomous Driving Software Optimization Engineer
SAIC Motors is the largest car manufacturer in China selling more than 6 million cars annually. SAIC USA is a fully owned subsidiary that engages in research and development for cutting edge technologies such as autonomous driving and Human Computer Interfaces. We have an opening at our Innovation Center in San Jose, CA in the Autonomous Driving team.
As a Software Optimization Engineer, you help optimize our entire autonomous driving software stack. You will help our software for perception, mapping & localization and motion planning & control run more efficiently on existing hardware. You will optimize and increase computational efficiency for neural networks using techniques such as weight reuse, lower precision computations. You will investigate and prototype different architectures such as from Nvidia GPU, Intel CPU, FPGA, AI chips and embedded computing platforms and architect the transition of software stack from desktop to an embedded platform
- MS/PhD in computer science, robotics, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in software development using C++/Python. Candidates with more experience are encouraged to apply
- Proven experience in designing and implementing solutions for system optimization problems
- Experience with System Optimizing and Integration
- Expert in C++, ROS & Linux
- GPU Programming
- Experience with Computer Vision, Robotics or AI applications
- Experience with RTOS platforms
- Ability to understand and implement complex algorithms efficiently and correctly
- Inquisitive, proactive, and interested in learning new tools and techniques
These roles will challenge the boundaries of your problem-solving, and will be rewarding as your prototype creations are transitioned and deployed in real-world environments. When you join the SAIC team, you will discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a fast paced team that is pushing the boundaries of technologies and customer experience.
Competitive Salary, Medical Benefits, FSA, 401K, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance.