Senior Testing Engineer - Autonomous Driving
- Responsible for development and maintenance of testing scenarios, testing plans and field acceptance criteria according to vehicle application scenario, ensuring safety is the top priority.
- Conduct tests on testing field (closed course and public road) as the primary test driver. Systematically analysis/document test results and provide detailed feedback to engineering team and help to drive improvements across the org accordingly.
- Participate in software discussions, collaborate closely with autonomous driving development team to track changes in various software updates, and validate the results in real-world field testing.
- Coordinate people and resources necessary for testing.
- Assist in the development and administration of a training program for vehicle operators.
- Manage the relationship with testing facility such as Gomentum Station and help to reach out to any alternative resources.
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or related STEM field.
- Hands-on knowledge of Linux systems and ability to perform common Linux Systems Administration tasks (dev-ops).
- Experience working with both Python and C++ systems.
- Experience developing test methods and best practices.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle motion models (braking distance, acceleration profiles, etc.).
- Able to work in an exciting and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to bridge the gap between product and technical groups.
- Empathy and passion for building relationships with other teams while effectively providing feedback.
- Previous experience in a systems integration or field test role for robotic or autonomous systems.
- Experience using software testing infrastructure and software simulation frameworks.
- Experience in auto safety systems and standard and familiarity with HIL and SIL testing.
- Understanding of hardware systems, namely computer networking and sensor technologies (LIDAR, cameras, and radar).